San Diego has a national reputation as one of the finest bicycling cities in the United States. And SDCBC has a history of helping San Diego achieve this goal by investing in bicycling infrastructure and promoting education, awareness and advocacy.
Some of our primary goals are to:
- Facilitate bicycling as a viable transportation choice;
- Educate the public on the benefits of bicycling;
- Afford citizens the opportunity to experience the City's unique scenic and natural amenities;
- Advocate locally and nationally for bicycling education and safety;
- Provide access to healthful recreational activities; and
- Link beaches, parks and open spaces with San Diego neighborhoods.
SDCBC is working with San Diego city officials and our public transporation offices to increase the miles of on-street bike lanes, marked shared lanes, off-street paths, city bike racks and much more. SDCBC's Bike Program continues to look for ways to improve the bicycling environment in San Diego. Click on the Program's web pages to learn more about how SDCBC's programs benefit you and our community.